HES Hartel Tank Terminal Rotterdam
The HES Hartel Tank Terminal (HHTT) project involves the development of maritime infrastructure for a large fuel terminal.
MariTeam (a joint venture of SBE, MUC and Iv-Infra) is responsible for the realization of the entire quay infrastructure. The project included the following components:
- Design and realization of 1200-m deep sea quay (max. height approx. 30m);
- Design and realization of 1000-m inland quay wall (height approx. 12m);
- Design and realization of a 255-m long jetty,
- Dredging (approx. 1.97 Mm³);
- Connection to the existing Brammen terminal quay wall;
- Design and realization of shore and soil protection.
The deep-sea quay consists of a concrete relief floor and a substructure consisting of a combi-wall, concrete foundation piles and MV tension piles up to 60m in length.
The deep-sea quay wall, with height of 30m, is in the heaviest category regarding quay walls. The size of the quay wall is close to the limits of what is possible. Because of the extreme dimensions of this quay, it is necessary to continuously test the constructability of the design.
- 51.936535, 4.065143
Port & river engineering
- Port development
- 2016 - 2019